Start doing what's best for you and your finances.
Join our team
As a rapidly growing financial institution, Jefferson Financial is always on the lookout for new talent to help better serve our members. If you see yourself in one of the positions listed below, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or fax your resume to Human Resources at 504-867-2412 or 225-963-5321. Please include the position and location with your submission.
We appreciate your interest!
Position: Ops Support ODP/Recovery Specialist I
Jefferson Financial FCU is seeking a full-time ODP and Recovery Specialist I for our Metairie location. This position is responsible for conducting daily tasks related to the Overdraft Privilege Program (ODP) and negative share accounts and answering basic questions internally and externally regarding the ODP and negative shares at the credit union.
- Send letters and disclosures as appropriate for the program.
- Make counseling phone calls to heavy users of ODP limits.
- Monitor activity on accounts for abuse of program and revoke privilege.
- Make negative account calls.
- Prepare accounts to be charged off and process charge off accounts when approved by the Board of Directors.
- Review and process recoveries on charged off accounts.
- Report accounts for collection.
- Review daily exception reports.
- Process daily files to vendor databases.
- Balance assigned GLs daily and resolve any discrepancies.
- Keep abreast of current trends and regulations.
Jefferson Financial FCU is seeking a part-time teller for the Marrero location. This person will perform a range of financial services including processing all financial transactions and opening accounts.
- Greet members in a professional and courteous manner.
- Perform routine member transactions, including deposits, withdrawals, cash advances, loan payments, transfers and check cashing.
- Prepares and scans checks for deposit.
- Provides members with account status, including current balances and loan payoffs.
- Balances teller drawer at the end of the day.
- Examines checks for endorsements and negotiability.
- Sells money orders and official checks and balances them accordingly at the end of the day.
- Provides information for other credit union services and assists members with their completion.
Qualified applicants must have a high school diploma and customer service/cash handling experience, preferably at a financial institution.
Jefferson Financial FCU has an opening for an experienced Mortgage Loan Officer (MLO) in Metairie.
Advise our members on loan products by examining applications, obtaining and evaluating credit reports and supporting documentation, and pre-qualifying for credit-worthiness.
Provide guidance and information relevant to each program the borrower is qualified for; effectively communicate the terms of each product.
Work with loan processing team to make sure all documents are compliant and sent out in a timely manner.
Ensure appraisal and title are ordered for each loan.
Underwriting and processing of all loans are in-house. E-signatures used for initial documentation.
Qualified applicants must have a college degree or equivalent, 2 years mortgage lending experience and must be eligible to be registered in the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS). Interested parties may fax their resumes to the HR Department at 504-867-2412 or submit via email to Employment@jeffersonfinancial.org (please reference the position and location in the subject line).
Position: Consumer Loan Officer
Jefferson Financial FCU has a full-time opening for an enthusiastic individual with excellent communication skills for our Consumer Loan Officer position. This position originates consumer loan applications by interviewing applicants, ordering credit reports, and analyzing data.
- Takes applications by telephone and updates information in system, completing credit reports and other data needed for underwriting.
- Expedites all loan requests within a 24 hour period.
- Meets monthly loan goals.
- Provides auto valuations.
- Works with loan processor to ensure all required documents are received in a timely manner.
- Mails necessary information on denials.
- Provides assistance to members on budget counseling, consolidations, loan extensions, payment methods and other areas relating to members’ financial needs.
- Cross-sells other credit union products and services.
- Assists collection department in recovery efforts.
The Consumer Loan Officer position is a full commission position.
Qualified applicants must have a high school diploma and experience in servicing Consumer Loans as well as knowledge of reading and evaluating credit reports. (Bilingual a plus) Consumer loans consist of Vehicle, Boat, RV, Personal, Personal LOC, and Visa loans.
Jefferson Financial FCU is seeking an Accounting Manager in Metairie. This position will be responsible for overseeing and supervising the Accounting Department personnel ensuring that all functions within the area of responsibility are performing in accordance with credit union policies and applicable regulations.
- Ensures completion of all month-end reconciliations.
- Responsible for the daily maintenance of accounting records and preparation of routine financial reports. Ensures accurate and complete posting of entries to general ledger.
- Performs or manages routine accounting functions involving general ledger and financial reporting.
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of quarterly Call Report.
- Assists in credit union projects as they relate to and impact the general ledger and financials.
- Works with external CPA, examiners and other third parties at year-end and other audits/exams.
- Assists CFO with regulatory reporting and special projects including, but not limited to, the financial statement generation, grants, profitability reporting and FR2910a.
- Ensures timely payments of state and federal withholding and timely and accurate filing of IRS Form 945 and corresponding state withholding reconciliation.
- Manages accounts payable and fixed asset and prepaid sub-ledgers.
- Oversees processing of ACH, draft and wire files per applicable rules, regulations and policies.
Qualified applicants must be detail oriented, self-motivated and have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a similar subject matter, a CPA license and strong organization skills.