Join our team
As a rapidly growing financial institution, Jefferson Financial is always on the lookout for new talent to help better serve our members. If you see yourself in one of the positions listed below, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax your resume to Human Resources at 225-963-5321. Please include the position and location with your submission.
We appreciate your interest!
Position: Consumer Loan Officer
Jefferson Financial FCU has a full-time opening for an enthusiastic individual with excellent communication skills for our Consumer Loan Officer position. This position originates consumer loan applications by interviewing applicants, ordering credit reports, and analyzing data.
- Takes applications by telephone and updates information in system, completing credit reports and other data needed for underwriting.
- Expedites all loan requests within a 24 hour period.
- Meets monthly loan goals.
- Provides auto valuations.
- Works with loan processor to ensure all required documents are received in a timely manner.
- Mails necessary information on denials.
- Provides assistance to members on budget counseling, consolidations, loan extensions, payment methods and other areas relating to members’ financial needs.
- Cross-sells other credit union products and services.
- Assists collection department in recovery efforts.
Qualified applicants must have a high school diploma and experience in servicing Consumer Loans as well as knowledge of reading and evaluating credit reports. (Bilingual a plus) Consumer loans consist of Vehicle, Boat, RV, Personal, Personal LOC, and Visa loans.
The Consumer Loan Officer position is a full commission position.
Position: Mortgage Loan Officer
Jefferson Financial FCU has an opening for an experienced Mortgage Loan Officer (MLO) in Metairie.
- Advise our members on loan products by examining applications, obtaining and evaluating credit reports and supporting documentation, and pre-qualifying for credit-worthiness.
- Provide guidance and information relevant to each program the borrower is qualified for; effectively communicate the terms of each product.
- Coordinate with loan processing team to make sure all documents are compliant and sent out in a timely manner.
- Underwriting and processing of all loans are in-house. E-signatures used for initial documentation.
Qualified applicants must have a college degree or equivalent, 2 years mortgage lending experience and must be eligible to be registered in the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS).
The compensation for this position is Salary plus Commission.
Position: Accountant II
Jefferson Financial FCU is seeking a full-time Accountant II in Metairie. This position will maintain the Credit Union’s accounting records and reports, ensuring they are in compliance with generally accepted accounting and financial practices.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Reviews and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various
- Prepares income and balance sheet statements, consolidated statements, and various other accounting statements and reports. Completes accounting functions in accordance with established Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Maintains various general ledger account reconciliations and regularly contacts other departments to obtain information and/or to correct
- Analyzes, posts, balances, and reconciles financial data, ledgers, and accounts.
- Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Maintains various month-end processing in a timely manner.
- Understands, interprets, and applies general and specific administrative and departmental policies and procedures as well as applicable federal, state, and local policies, laws, and regulations.
- Plans and organizes work to meet changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to cross-train and back-up other functions that may include ACH/Wire capabilities.
Qualified applicants must have a BS in Accounting (BS or BA in a relevant field) and/or 10+ years of accounting experience and exceptional communication, interpersonal and organizational skills. 10+ years of financial institution experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
Position: Business Development Manager
Founded in 1966, Jefferson Financial Federal Credit Union is a Louisiana based credit union with headquarters located in Metairie, LA. With over 160 employees and 14 branches in Louisiana, we are looking for a Business Development Manager to join a collaborative team. The candidate will be asked to position the credit union as a key financial partner to existing and potential members. The position will work closely with the Marketing Department, Operations Team, Branch Managers and Executive Staff. In this role, the Business Development Manager will work to foster partnerships and relationships with local businesses, non-profits and Chamber of Commerce entities in Louisiana.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Allocates resources to meet operational needs for the department; reviews and approves, denies, or modifies department requests from within the credit union, existing SEG's and potential sponsors/partnerships from within the community.
- Oversees a call program that includes contacting existing members to maintain and expand banking relationships and contacting prospective members to develop new business.
- Responsible for analysis of relevant statistics for the business development plan making recommendations to management when required.
- Develops promotional strategies to meet business development goals; develops promotional materials.
- Responsible for maintaining high product knowledge by determining and finding opportunities for learning new selling techniques, new products and market trends.
- Management and execution of the Peter C. Bertucci Scholarship program. Find new innovative ways to increase participation, make recommendations to evolve the program and use the information gathered from previous applicants to better educate high school seniors and their families about the importance of financial responsibility.
- Identifies cross-sell opportunities and cross-sell services to members through in-person sales sessions as well as by telephone, written correspondence, and external sales calls.
- Oversees training sessions for all employees to enhance their awareness of the business development plan and services available to existing and potential members.
- Represents the Credit Union at various functions to develop business relationships. Discusses member needs, problems, or complaints, and arranges for meetings between members or prospective members and representatives of various functional areas.
Qualified applicants must have a college degree in a relevant field and a minimum of three years of related experience.